Bacon Potato Pancakes (Fun. - Some nights)
4 slices bacon
4 potatoes, peeled and shredded
30 g all-purpose flour
2 eggs4 garlic cloves, minced
2 g chopped fresh thymesalt and ground black pepper to taste
vegetable oil for frying, or as needed
1) Cook bacon in a skillet over medium heat until crisp, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain; let cool and crumble. Reserve bacon drippings in skillet.
2) Combine crumbled bacon, potatoes, flour, eggs, garlic, thyme, salt, and black pepper in a large bowl.
3) Pour vegetable oil about 1/4-inch deep into skillet with bacon drippings and place over medium heat; heat until the oil and bacon drippings shimmer.
4) Gently drop potato mixture by heaping tablespoon into hot oil and flatten potatoes into small patties about 3 inches in diameter. Cook until browned, about 3 minutes on each side.
Enjoy and Lick That Plate!
- lickthatplate posted this